TS Lombard's 2021 MacroFest
TS Lombard’s January MacroFest
Looking through the recovery: What is Normal Anyway?
Does everything go back to normal in 2021, and what is normal anyway? Join TS Lombard’s MacroFest on the 12th and 13th of January to find out what this new normal will look like and what it means for financial markets and investors in 2021 and beyond.
Among many questions we'll address across the two days we will be talking about:
1) The consensus says next year is all about Goldilocks growth leading to the roaring twenties. Is it really that simple?
2) Will – and should – easy fiscal policy survive the recovery?
3) The dollar decline view is consensus. Does next year herald the start of the next currency war?
4) What are the three biggest risks for 2021?
* MacroFest is accredited for 3 CPD points for each day or 6 in total. Attendance qualifies for CFA Institute CE points
Day One: Global Macro & Strategy
Tuesday 12th January 2021
- 14:00 - 14:40 GMT (09:00 - 09:40 EST) - Looking through the recovery: What is normal anyway? Back to normal after the vaccine, but we explore why normal is different.
Speakers: Nick Bourne as moderator with Charles Dumas, Chief Economist, & Steven Blitz, Chief US Economist
- 14:40 - 15:10 GMT (09:40 - 10:10 EST) - Inflation: Why growth roars back next year but inflation doesn’t.
Speakers: Martin Shenfield as moderator with Shweta Singh. Managing Director Global Macro
- 15:20 - 15:50 GMT (10:20 - 10:50 EST) - The virus, the vaccine, the K and the scars.
Speakers: Christopher Granville in conversation with Dario Perkins, Managing Director, Global Macro
- 16:00 - 16:30 GMT (11:00 - 11:30 EST) - Strategy Focus. How to position for the recovery and beyond.
Speakers: Jon Harrison, Managing Director, EM Macro Strategy, in conversation with Andrea Cicione, Head of Strategy
Day Two: Deep Dive
Wednesday 13th January 2021
The Energy Transformation
What you should focus on for this huge transformation.
14.00 - 14.30 GMT (09:00 - 09:30 EST)
Speakers: Christopher Granville, Managing Director, Global Political Research, in conversation with Konstantinos Venetis, Senior Economist, Grace Fan, Managing Director, Global Policy Research and Disruptive Themes Research, and Marcus Chenevix, MENA Analyst
RCEP: Making Asia Great Again
Is China centred Asia the future? What does de-Americanisation, RCEP, DCS mean for investors in the next cycle?
15.10 - 15.40 GMT (10:10 - 10:40 EST)
Speakers: Larry Brainard, Chief EM Economist, in conversation with Shumita Deveshwar, Director, India Research and Rory Green, China and North Asia Economist
What are the alternatives?
The end of 60/40 investing: the new era of asset allocation is here.
14.30 - 15:00 GMT (09:30 - 10:00 EST)
Speakers: Martin Shenfield in conversation with Andrea Cicione, Head of Strategy, and Andrew Lawrence, Asia Property Analyst
The Next Currency War
The Next Currency War for Emerging Markets
15.40 - 16:10 GMT (10:40 - 11:10 EST)
Speakers: Oliver Brennan, Head of Research, in conversation with Bo Zhuang, Chief China Economist, and Jon Harrison, Managing Director, EM Macro Strategist
The 3 biggest risks this year.
Every year there are major risks lurking for markets, this year is no different. We highlight our three main risks that investors should watch out for.
16:20 - 17:00 GMT (11:20 - 12:00 EST)
Speakers: Nick Bourne in conversation with Dario Perkins, Managing Director, Global Macro